Facebook’s Getting Greener
- With 300 million users, you can imagine that Facebook is becoming quite the data center energy hog.
- Good news is that they’re making changes to ensure Facebook is getting more efficient.
- They just leased more data space from Fortune Data Centers in San Jose.
- Fortune utilizes water-side economizers, environmental monitoring, and hot/cold air containment, which are all staples of an efficient data center.
- They’ve signed 4 new leases this year alone, all of which have been to centers on track for LEED gold status.